Commission of a New Work
Commissioning a new work involves the following:
- Design of a new panel in partnership
with the client.
- Approval of a full-scale drawing and
agreement on a price.
- Cut and lay out each piece of glass for
- Client approval before leading the
- Leading the panel, soldering both sides,
cementing both sides, and attaching reinforcing rods.
- Installing the panel in its frame.
Installation at the site can be
Return to Homepage
A University City couple wanted to have
a leaded glass panel made for the door
between their entrance hallway
their kitchen. The panel should give
privacy to people in the kitchen and
plenty of interest and color. Jean really
likes irises. Gary and Jean discussed a
posed bunch of irises, irises as they
appear in nature, and decided to create
what you see sketched below (with a
rounded top "palladium" look).